Andrew Cole is a Managing Director in our New York office and the firm’s Chief Operating Officer. He has nearly 20 years of experience advising executive teams and boards of directors on long-term corporate positioning, media and investor relations programs, and special situations. The transformative special situations he counsels clients on include cyberattacks, initial public offerings, litigation, mergers & acquisitions, proxy contests, and senior management changes.
Andrew works with companies in a wide variety of industries such as healthcare, media, private equity, retail, and technology.
Recent and ongoing engagements include:
- M&A healthcare announcements, including Bioverativ’s sale to Sanofi, GSK’s acquisition of Human Genome Sciences, and Cubist’s sale to Merck
- Pivotal data readouts, including Insmed’s announcement of Phase 3 data results for its lead product candidate
- Long-term private equity firm positioning and transaction announcements, including Altas Partners, CCMP Capital, Providence Equity Partners, and Veritas Capital
- Spin-offs and IPOs, including HCP’s spin-off of its skilled nursing and assisted living assets into an independent, publicly-traded REIT
- Bankruptcies and emergences, including 21st Century Oncology
Andrew joined SVC in 1998 from Gavin Anderson & Company. From 2006 to 2009, he worked in our San Francisco office. Andrew earned a B.A. in English from Connecticut College in 1997.