Bryan Locke is a Managing Director in the Chicago office. He advises clients on M&A transactions, proxy contests, corporate positioning, regulatory inquiries and investigations, management changes, crisis preparation and response, earnings and guidance issues, as well as ongoing media and investor relations programs.
Recent engagements and representative highlights include:
- Bass Pro Shops on its pending acquisition of Cabela’s
- Conagra on the sale of its private brands business and spin-off of Lamb Weston
- The PrivateBank on its sale to CIBC
- Winnebago on its acquisition of Grand Design
- Rite Aid on its pending sale to Walgreens Boots Allinace
- tronc (formerly Tribune Publishing) on its unsolicited offer from Gannett Inc.
- GNC on its dispute and agreement with the New York Attorney General, various state regulatory matters and management changes
- Activism preparedness and defense assignments for multiple clients including recent engagements with Landauer Inc., Edgewater Technology, Great Lakes Dredge and Dock and Rubicon Technology
Prior to joining Sard Verbinnen, Bryan was most recently a senior member of the client relations team at Citadel where he was responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with a number of the hedge fund’s largest investors. Prior to joining the client relations team, Bryan served as the Chief Operating Officer of Citadel Alternative Asset Management, Citadel’s fund of hedge funds and hedge fund seeding business.
Prior to Citadel, Bryan was Vice President at Evercore Partners in New York where he provided strategic and transaction execution advice to a number of the firm’s clients. Bryan began his career at Lehman Brothers in New York.
Bryan holds a B.A., magna cum laude, in economics and sociology from Boston College and an M.B.A. from the Stanford Graduate School of Business.